Brandsonic Web mobile, Packix and Havoc

I found out on Tuesday that Packix, the repo I've been hosting Brandsonic Web mobile on since ModMyi/ModMy shut down in 2017, is shutting down too. A new repo called Havoc is its successor. I intended to move Brandsonic Web mobile there. I transferred it from Packix to Havoc. I followed all of their guidelines and submitted Brandsonic Web mobile for review and approval. This morning I woke up to an email saying that it was rejected because they are "not interested" in hosting it. I am extremely disappointed and I honestly was not expecting them to reject it. I was ready to announce that Brandsonic Web mobile had been moved to Havoc. This leaves me in an awkward position. As of now, I have nowhere to host Brandsonic Web mobile. Brandsonic Web mobile will still be downloadable from Packix indefinitely but I have nowhere to submit future versions. I will host it on my own if that's what I have to do but I chose repos like Packix so I wouldn't have to go through the hassle of hosting and managing my own repo. Having Brandsonic Web mobile on a default repo also makes it easier for people to find and install it. Brandsonic Web mobile WILL continue. This is a big blow but I'll overcome it just like I did when ModMyi/ModMy shut down in 2017. Brandsonic Web mobile was hosted on ModMyi/ModMy for 7 years before it was shut down. According to ModMyi/ModMy's numbers, it was downloaded over 50,000 times in the 7 years it was hosted there. I never did get a final download count because the shutdown was so sudden. It has been hosted on Packix for about 2 and a half years and has been downloaded 2,744 times across the 5 versions I submitted there as of today. I have put a lot of work into Brandsonic Web mobile over the years. It has really evolved over the 11 years it's been out. I even completely rewrote it in Swift. I may not be a master developer, but I've always tried my best with Brandsonic Web. Brandsonic Web is extremely important to me. I am extremely grateful for all of my users and everyone who has downloaded Brandsonic Web. At this point, I really don't know what to do but I will post an update when I figure it out. This is a blog post I was really hoping I wasn't going to have to make.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fix for Brandsonic Web mobile for iOS 0.9.5

Small update for Brandsonic Web mobile for iOS and Brandsonic Web for Mac