Future of the Brandsonic Apps website

I recently found out that my long time web host, Webs (AKA Freewebs) will be shutting down on March 31st of this year. This will leave me without a website. I outgrew Webs a long time ago and I've been wanting to move to something different, but I haven't found anything else I really like. I am setting up a site on Google Sites that I intend to be temporary. With this site, I don't have the same page limits as I did on Webs. So I plan to have more apps on it than just Brandsonic Web. When the new site is ready I will announce it here and on Twitter. This blog will remain, it is not being affected by the Webs shutdown. 

Google Sites doesn't resolve the issue of where to host the Brandsonic Web portal. Not sure what I am going to do about that. The portal is hardcoded as the default home page in all versions of Brandsonic Web except for the latest version of Brandsonic Web for Mac. This means that once Webs is shutdown, the portal will no longer be the home page. I don't know what it will redirect to after Webs is shut down if anything. I will try to get an update out for Brandsonic Web mobile for iOS where you can change the home page before Webs shuts down, but there is nothing I can older for the older releases.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fix for Brandsonic Web mobile for iOS 0.9.5

Small update for Brandsonic Web mobile for iOS and Brandsonic Web for Mac

Brandsonic Web mobile, Packix and Havoc