Brandsonic Web for Mac 0.10

Brandsonic Web for Mac 0.10 is the biggest release of Brandsonic Web for Mac yet. It's so big that I felt that it was time to bump the version number to 0.10. This is the first Brandsonic Web for Mac release in over 3 years. It includes major new features like the the ability to change the home page and search provider in the new preferences window. You can now choose Bing or DuckDuckGo as your search provider instead of Google. The default is still Google. I plan to add more search providers in the future. 

This is also one of the most tested versions of Brandsonic Web for Mac. I tested it on 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, 10.13 and 10.14. There is an issue on older macOS versions. You won't be able to visit some sites because of SSL issues. Unfortunately, there isn't much I can do about this. 

I removed Google+ from Quick Sites because it was shut down last year. I added DuckDuckGo to Quick Sites in the search engine section. This is the first change to Quick Sites since its introduction. I also enhanced the Touch Bar by using icons instead of text for the buttons. 

Historically Brandsonic Web for Mac has been available from download.com and I used it as the main download location. I have decided not to submit this version to download.com. It seems that no one is downloading from there and they are instead using the official mirror. Starting with this version, Brandsonic Web for Mac will no longer be available from download.com. This will allow me the release new versions on my own terms without having to wait for them to be approved.

I put a lot of work into this update. I hope it was worth the wait.

Brandsonic Web for Mac 0.10 is available now. Grab it from the download page.

The full changelog is below. 

0.10 (Alpha 10)
  • Support for macOS High Sierra, macOS Mojave and macOS Catalina
  • An error message will now be shown if a page load error occurs
  • Added a preference window
  • Added the ability to change the home page
  • Added the ability to change the search provider to Bing or DuckDuckGo (defaults to Google)
  • Changed touch bar back, forward, and refresh buttons to have icons instead of text
  • Removed Google+ from Quick Sites
  • Added DuckDuckGo to Quick Sites

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fix for Brandsonic Web mobile for iOS 0.9.5

Small update for Brandsonic Web mobile for iOS and Brandsonic Web for Mac

Brandsonic Web mobile, Packix and Havoc